Description Camp JCC at the Shaw JCC of Akron is seeking a Theatre/Drama Specialist who will provide general drama instruction for our seasonal day camp. This role will also create positive, nurturing relationships with children, while building an atmosphere of energy and excitement through theatre and drama to promote and support the potential of all campers, and facilitate peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall camp experience.
- Attend all Staff Training Days and staff meetings, facilitating/participating as necessary
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans for all drama sessions (incorporate camp theme(s) in curriculum)
- Lead small group drama specialty sessions for campers age 5-13 (15-30 campers; 30-45 minutes in length) throughout camp day (3-4 Daily Sessions)
- Participate in late night and overnight programming when scheduled
- Act as a resource to all camp staff for regular activity ideas, supplies for special theme programs and rainy days, and all things relating to your specialty at camp
- Ensure campers' safety and well-being, both physically and emotionally
- Take a regular inventory of supplies throughout the summer
- Being conscious of and protecting the health, safety and welfare of all campers in any area or programs at camp.
- Assist with other camp responsibilities deemed necessary by the camp director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent, 18 years of age or older.
- Desire and ability to work with children and young adults in a camp setting.
- Ability and willingness to teach and live by Jewish concepts and values in camp community.
- Creativity, energy and enthusiasm.
- Must have experience acting in or producing shows, and/or teaching drama to children
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance & function both independently and as part of a team.
- Good character, integrity and adaptability are necessary.
· Acts as a positive role model for children at all times, promoting responsible and healthy decision making