Responsible for the care and safety of all children in the Child Care room. Cleanliness, interaction, organization and safety is highly stressed.
Responsibilities and Duties
Greet the child and parent:
- Greet children and parents and make them feel welcome when they arrive
- Ensure that children are ‘healthy’ (no fever or severe colds permitted)
- Confirm registration and take payment
- Confirm parent/guardian location within the building and phone number if needed. Parents may not leave the building.
- Communicate with parents about child’s needs & potential allergy concerns
- Remain sensitive and supportive to separation issues. Help child phase comfortably into Child Care room.
- Communicate with parents about any questions or concerns they may have
Engage and attend to children at all times :
- Children should be watched at all times to make sure they are safe
- Talk with children and establish rapport
- Engage children in age appropriate activities while in room
- Guide and engage children in weekly slated activities that are part of the monthly rewards program
- Offer comfort to children if they become upset or unsure
- Change diapers on a timely basis and as needed.
- Attend to infants as needed and tend to care, such as napping, bottle, etc., as needed.
- Interaction and guided play are an important requirement of this position.
Provide positive transition at pick-up:
- Give parents feedback about child’s visit
- Tell parent and child good-bye and that you hope they will come back soon
- Keep track of late pick-up in order to charge accordingly
During and End of shift:
- Clean toys
- Straighten up room
- Complete daily checklist
- Communicate important issues with supervisor in a timely fashion
Qualifications and Skills
- CPR certified
- Experience working with infants and toddlers and young children.
- Level of comfort relating to parents and children.
- Knowledge of child development
- Good communication skills.
- Enthusiastically interrelates and engages in activities with children
- Ability to effectively meet the needs of a young multi-aged group.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires physical demands of cleaning of work areas and lifting and carrying of infants and children ages six weeks to six years.
- Love kids!
Job Type: Part-time This position requires flexibility with availability during week day mornings, week day early evenings and weekend mornings.
Job Type: Part-time
- Akron, OH 44320 (Preferred)