Join a passionate team in a fast-paced and supportive environment! This is a unique opportunity to be part of a vibrant community organization that puts on dozens of inter-generational programs throughout the year. The Marketing Communications Intern Assistant will be a valued member of the Marketing team working closely with the Campus Marketing Director, participating in brainstorm sessions and driving hands-on and impactful work. This is a huge growth opportunity for someone looking to drive a strategic marketing plan across channels.
The ideal candidate is a positive, self-motivated team player who is enthusiastic about joining the Shaw JCC’s marketing team and supporting community outreach and marketing goals. S/he is an excellent communicator and strong writer. College juniors, seniors or recent graduates in journalism, communications or marketing are preferred.
The ideal candidate will work 10-15 hours per week during Winter 2019. Exact timeframe will be mutually agreed upon before the chosen candidate begins internship. This position may be offered a paid stipend. Course credit may be arranged. The Shaw JCC will work within the internships/fieldwork requirements of your school.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have personal and reliable transportation.
- Accuracy, timeliness, dependability and attention to detail are essential.
- Must be committed to working approx. 10 to 15 hours per week.
Skills/knowledge preferred, but not required:
- Graphic design
- Video production
- Web design
- Google Analytics
- Knowledge of AP Style
Please submit a cover letter of interest and resume to Angela Atwood at email@example.com by January 14th. No phone calls please.