Outdoor Pool Information
We are so excited to see our JCC Community this summer at the pool!
The outdoor pool opened for the summer on Memorial Day weekend. The summer pool hours are:
- Open Swim: Every Day - 11:00am-7:45pm
- Lap swim: Mon-Fri - 10:00am-12:15pm | Tues & Thurs - 6:15pm-7:45pm
- No weekend lap swim
- Lap lanes DO require reservations on the "My J" app. (Open Swim does not require a reservation.)
Summer Outdoor Pool Policies and Procedures
- Total capacity for the outdoor pool area will be 230 people.
- We post pool capacity on the ‘My J’ app every half hour throughout the summer. Please check the app before arriving to the pool.
- The pool gate will maintain a wait list when at capacity. Members must be within earshot once they are added to the wait list.
- No masks will be required at the outdoor pool.
- Only coast-guard certified flotation devices will be allowed – no rafts.
- Pool deck chair spacing will allow social distancing.
- Pool deck chairs will be sanitized at the end of each day. Sanitizing wipes will be available for use by members.
We will once again be allowing guests at our outdoor pool and our facility! Please adhere to our guest policies:
- Guests are allowed on weekdays only. Weekends are reserved for members-only
- Members can purchase an unlimited amount of guest passes throughout the year, HOWEVER, individuals are only allowed to be guests at The JCC two times in a calendar year. Beyond two guest visits, we ask that the individual becomes a member. The JCC will track guest visits.
- Guest pricing:
- $8/Child (3 to 12-year-olds; under 3 free)
- $12/adult (13-years and up)
- Guests must be accompanied by an adult
- Guest passes must be completed in full
- Guests must sign facility waiver (parent/guardian must sign waiver for minors)
Please take note of our babysitter card policies:
- Babysitter cards will be assigned to ONE PERSON and that person’s personal information and photo must be on file just like a member’s information would. This is for security purposes.
- Families may request up to two babysitter cards. There will be an administrative fee of $15 per babysitter card.
- If you have an existing babysitter card, it needs to be replaced to match our current cards and our records must be updated to reflect the current babysitter as mentioned above. A new card will be issued for $15.
- The permissions on the babysitter card will be for the outdoor pool area only. No building access will be granted.
- The babysitter’s parent or guardian must sign one of our new facility waivers on the babysitter’s behalf (if a minor).
The National Lightning Safety Institute recommends waiting at least 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder is heard before resuming activity in the water for pools. The Shaw JCC indoor and outdoor pools are connected by underground pipes and pump systems, so we follow this rule year-round. In the case of thunder or lightning, swimmers may be asked to exit the indoor and outdoor pool areas for at least 30 minutes. In the event that American Red Cross Swim Lessons are taking place during this time, students will be offered a safety instructional class. Classes will not be canceled or rescheduled due to instructor availability. Prior to arriving at the Shaw JCC, please check our “My J” app or call 330-867-7850 to inquire if the pools are open in case of inclement weather.
Please remember to bring your membership card every time you visit our facility and swipe in. Lap swimmers must swipe in at the fitness desk and open swim members must swipe in at the pool gate. During these times, please make every effort to bring your membership card with you when you come to The J. Cards left overnight will be taken to the member service desk located in the fitness center.
Kosher Food Policy
Members and guests are welcome to bring any food except meat and poultry.
Efrat’s Café will return this summer with all your favorite menu items like chips, cold drinks, pizza, tuna wraps, and more! New tasty food items are in store for our members.