For Shaw JCC members who are not planning to attend the Akron Community Vigil, please note that our fitness facility will continue to remain open, however, please be aware that parking may be limited from 5 to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 1st. Also note that group fitness classes scheduled after 5 p.m. have been cancelled for the evening. Our normal group fitness schedule will resume on Nov. 2. Thank you for understanding.
We invite the entire Akron community to join us for an interfaith community vigil “Standing Together” on Thursday, Nov. 1, from 5:30 to 6:15 p.m., at the Schultz Campus for Jewish Life located at 750 White Pond Drive in Akron. Community members of all faiths, backgrounds and neighborhoods are invited to join the gathering.
Clergy from Anshe Sfard Revere Road Synagogue, Beth El Congregation and Temple Israel will lead the public in prayer. Interfaith community members and public officials have been invited as special guests.
- Parking is available at the event location – the Schultz Campus for Jewish Life at 750 White Pond Drive in Akron. Police officers will be on hand to direct traffic. If needed, additional parking will be made available at nearby businesses within walking distance. Free shuttle bus service to the event will be provided from all parking locations.
- Doors open at 5 p.m. The 45-minute vigil will begin promptly at 5:30 p.m.
- Guests may enter through the main entrance or through the Summa doors located at the rear entrance of the building. The vigil will be held in the Shaw JCC’s auditorium located on the main level.
- Due to heightened security, no large bags or backpacks will be permitted. No personal signage allowed.
- Curbside drop-off service is available at the main entrance for elderly guests or for those with difficulty walking.
- Senior Jewish adults who need transportation to the vigil may contact Jewish Family Service of Akron at 330-867-3388 to organize a complimentary ride available through the Silver J-Ticket program.
- For those who are unable to attend in person, the vigil will be streamed live on Jewish Akron’s Facebook page.
If you are with the Media and plan to attend, please email Campus Marketing Director Angela Atwood at email@example.com.
For general information, please call 330-867-7850 or visit www.jewishakron.org.
If you would like to contribute to a special fund for the victims of the tragedy in Pittsburgh, please visit: https://jewishpgh.org/our-victims-of-terror-fund/.