On Friday, January 12, a winter storm watch is in effect starting at noon through Saturday at 10 a.m., which means there is potential for significant snow, sleet and ice that may impact travel. It is our policy that the Shaw JCC, Mandel Early Childhood Education Center and KidSpace will close only when the City of Akron has issued a LEVEL 3 snow emergency, and all roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel. However, it is at the discretion of the executive director to close the Shaw JCC for weather-related reasons. We will continue to monitor the weather through Friday and Saturday, and if we decide to close, we will notify you as soon as possible through the following ways:
- Text messaging: Alerts will be sent via our text messaging system. Please opt-in by texting @shawjcc to the number 81010 to receive all the latest updates.
- On the Web: Closing information will be posted on www.shawjcc.org.
- E-mail: A message will be sent to members and parents via eBlast.
- Social media via our Facebook page at Shaw JCC of Akron.
- Radio and TV: Closing information will be provided to major radio and television stations in the Akron area including WAKR, WONE, WQMX, NewsNet5, WKYC-TV and Fox 8 Cleveland.